I can't imagine what a baby's nightmares are made of. I suppose they must seem to adults either benign, or primordially terrifying. We'll never know. But I wish I could save you from them, and take them as practice for all the other things in life I'll wish I could be your perpetual shield against.
As of the night of this post, however, someone else dreamt of you. Or perhaps you visited him in his dream. Who can say? Dad has a very dear friend an mentor, David Zarko, who is clearly very taken with you and sees your hidden depths all too well:
"Had a dream last night that you and Megan were throwing a big party and it fell to me to take Josie for a walk in her pram. There were many people about, and we'd stop, she'd smile as she does and they would go wild with delight as they do, then we'd move on. After one such incident she looked up at me and said 'Beware the deceiving words that people say.' I thought, 'wait a minute, Josie just talked' and tried to memorize the words so I could tell you. Then I realized what a strange first thing that was for a baby to say. So, I asked her, 'Did you really just talk or am I hearing things?' And she confirmed that she had talked. Then we went on a conversational journey that in essence was that she could speak from the moment she opened her eyes, but has to go through all the baby stuff or people will freak out. She was very candid about it all, and not in the least upset.
"We had quite a conversation, then it was time to go back to the party so she re-assumed baby behavior and I left her with a group of admirers.
"I woke up having to tell you."
No comments:
Post a Comment